Tuesday, October 05, 2010

orange cream soda cupcakes

Check out these scrumptious Orange Cream Soda Cupcakes I found on Vanessa Contessa's blog. They look so delicious, I wanted to share the recipe. I divided the ingredients and directions between the actual cupcake recipe and the orange buttercream icing recipe.


















Cupcake Ingredients and Directions:

• 1 cup butter
• 2 cup sugar
• 4 eggs
• 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 bottle of Orange soda
• 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest

Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Sift flour and baking soda. Add to mixture alternately with orange soda. Add vanilla. Pour into cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely.


Orange Buttercream Ingredients and Directions:

• 1 cup butter
• 4 cups powdered sugar
• 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
• 1 tablespoon orange zest
• 1 teaspoon vanilla

Whip butter. Add powdered sugar and orange juice alternately. Add zest and vanilla. Whip for 3 minutes and pipe onto cupcakes. Garnish with an orange candy.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! There's an orange creamsicle tart in the new Baked cookbook that I've been dying to make! This is reminding me that I need to make it. Btw, I love your site! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dessert Girl -- I am definitely going to have to check out the Baked cookbook. Let me know if you try any of the recipes because I'm always wanting new ones! :)

    ReplyDelete