Friday, May 06, 2011

Mothers...

Mother's Day is just around the corner, and I thought I'd share a bit of my own life with you, readers.

My aunt has always been like a second mother to me. My aunt never married, and never had kids of her own. I was her only niece for 13 years, until my cousin came along, and the same applies to my cousin.

Ever since I can remember, I have got her something for Mother's Day. A flower, just a card... but something to let her know that she's not just an aunt, but a mother too.

A couple of days ago, I mailed my mom, my mother-in-law and my aunt a homemade Mother's Day card, using various Martha Stewart tools I bought at Michael's. NOTE: I must limit myself to Michael's because I go hog-wild when I see the paper craft aisle. This year, I have set myself a goal of making all my cards by hand. I feel it just means more than the store bought stuff.

I know that one day I will be a mother as well, and I am telling my husband that I do not want anything store bought. No. I want handmade cards, handmade birdhouses... anything. I don't care if it's completely useless, I just want something that has a story behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment