I love Oreos. I love cheesecake. So you can imagine my bulging eyes when I found the recipe for Oreo Cheesecakes on the Wicked Noodle blog!
• 42 Oreos (almost one whole package), 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
• 2 pounds (32 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
• 1 cup sour cream
• pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 F (yes, 275). Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
2. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.